How to choose the right garage door professional
Not all garage door professionals who provide garage door installation repair and maintenance services are the same. It is especially important to hire someone reliable when you’re constructing a new house or making improvements to your garage. So how do you know which garage door professional to choose? Here are the important things to keep in mind when considering this choice.
- Location, location, location: It is essential that your garage door professional works for a company that is locally owned and operated. You need a garage door technician who is knowledgeable about local weather conditions and familiar with other local factors that may impact your garage door’s operation. You will also find that a locally-owned garage door business is fully invested in your community, and far more likely to provide truly reliable, timely service than any business from outside the area.
- You want a professional garage door service that is well-established and can be expected to be there for you, long-term. A garage door is an investment that you can expect to last for years. You want to be assured that the professional you hire will be available to address any issues or repairs or upgrades you will need in the future.
- Reputation: The garage door company and/or professional you choose should be well known in the community and should come highly recommended. How do you check the reputation of a garage door company you are considering? Well, naturally you can consult friends and acquaintances who have had experience with such companies. You should also check for online reviews, including any found at the Better Business Bureau [www.bbb.org], where customer reviews and complaints can be found. Pay close attention to the customer reviews and if the number of positive reviews outweighs those that are negative, that is a good indicator of the quality of the company under consideration.
- Availability and hours: Is the company or professional available and on-call 24/7, including holidays? If an emergency occurs, you want to be able to obtain help whenever you need it.
- Costs and fees: Naturally you’ll look for a garage door repair professional who offers high quality service for a reasonable price. But you don’t necessarily want to choose the cheapest service available. Very low rates may indicate a lack of professionalism or even be a red-flag for unlicensed, unqualified workmen. You’ll want to take everything into consideration, including price, when choosing a garage door professional.
- Licenses, permits and insurance: It’s important that any company or professional you are considering provides clear evidence of their legality and competence with the appropriate licenses, permits and insurance. If a potential employee is hesitant to offer proof of these essential items, DO NOT hire them.
- Does the company utilize high-quality materials and products? Garage doors are absolutely critical for the security of your home. You will want to take a close look at the parts used in any garage door replacement or repair. Are there warranties available on them? Are the parts made by trusted manufacturers? Are there pet and child safety features? What about the insulation – is it energy efficient? A reputable garage door company will have access to parts of the highest quality.
- Finally, does the professional inspire trust? He or she should come across as genuine and capable of solving your problem. He or she should offer the appropriate advice on replacing parts and not urge you to buy unneeded parts or undertake unnecessary repairs. They should be willing to answer questions related to the warranty of service and be able to work with advanced technologies related to the garage repair.
For the best garage door repair and installation in Memphis, Tennessee, trust only Memphis Garage Door Repair & Installation. We have more than 15 years of experience in the industry, and we provide you with the most professional service and only install products of the highest quality. We are proud to serve the Mid-South and Northern Mississippi area. Please call us at 901-461-0385 for a free estimate.